Charley Reeb, Author and Pastor
Senior Pastor, Pasadena Community Church (UMC)
Charley Reeb has a passion for preaching and loves helping other preachers hone their craft. With over twenty years of experience as a local pastor and fifteen years teaching the practice of preaching Charley has developed a reputation as not only an outstanding preacher but also as a coach who can equip preachers to be their best in the pulpit. In addition to serving as Senior Pastor of one of the largest United Methodist Churches in Florida, Charley teaches the practice of preaching for the Course of Study at Candler School of Theology and the License to Preach School for the Florida Conference of the UMC.
Besides being a pastor and teacher, Charley is also author of four books: Seven Wonders of the Faith, One Heaven of a Party, Mission Possible (CSS) and That’ll Preach! 5 Simple Steps to Your Best Sermon Ever (Abingdon Press). He is also a contributing writer for the Feasting on the Word commentary (Westminster John Knox Press). Charley has written articles for Circuit Rider, Preaching magazine, Ministry Matters, and Leading Ideas.
- 6 Keys to Great Preaching (Ministry Matters)
- 10 Things Great Preachers Do Differently (Leading Ideas)
- 9 Things Preachers Should Never Say (Leading Ideas)
- The One Point Sermon (Leading Ideas)
- 3 Tips for Preaching to Millennials (Preaching magazine)
- 10 Books Every Preacher Must Read (Ministry Pass)
- 5 Things Seminary Didn’t Teach You About Preaching (Ministry Pass)
- 8 Signs Your Sermons are Making an Impact (Ministry Pass)
- Say Something! Simple Ways to Make Your Sermons Matter (forthcoming from Abingdon Press)
- That’ll Preach! 5 Simple Steps to Your Best Sermon Ever (Abingdon Press)
- Mission Possible: Sermons for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany (CSS Publishing Company)
- Seven Wonders of the Faith: Answers to Our Most Troubling Questions (CSS Publishing Company)
- One Heaven of a Party: Sermons for Lent and Easter (CSS Publishing Company)
- 5 Simple Steps to Your Best Sermon Ever
- 10 Things Great Preachers Do Differently
- 7 Keys to Great Preaching
- Sermons that Stick: How to Preach Sermons that are Unforgettable
- The Essential Six Stress Test: How to Know If Your Sermon Will Succeed Before You Preach It
Sample Q+A Topics
- What is the one thing preachers can do to dramatically improve their preaching?
- Why do so many preachers not connect with their listeners?
- Why do many sermons fail?
- What do great preachers do differently?
What People Are Saying
“I highly recommend bringing Charley in for one of his preaching workshops. They are engaging and highly practical. Even if you are a highly experienced preacher, you will have a lot to gain from the workshop! It is excellent.” -Bobby W.
“Thank you for your excellent presentation as you led the That’ll Preach seminar. Sharing your insight into, knowledge of and experience in the preaching ‘event’ was a blessing to me and I know to all those present.” -Paul B.